Regulatory, Competition & Consumer
The Kemp Strang team not only have an impressive depth of experience in advising listed and private companies on issues in this space, they also bring expertise gained as in-house counsel to their work.
Corporate entities, particularly those in the financial services space, are facing a seemingly ever-increasing regulatory burden right now.
And while a mis-step has always had the potential to result in serious consequences, today’s boards and executives also have to worry about long-term reputational damage and the attentions of plaintiff law firms looking for their latest class action target.
At Kemp Strang, our Regulatory, Competition & Consumer team work in partnership with in-house counsel to:
- advise on market regulation including the Corporations Act, ASIC Act, Competition and Consumer Act, National Consumer Credit Protection Act, Anti-money Laundering (AML) provisions and the Privacy Act,
- develop, implement and review compliance programs relating to regulatory requirements,
- respond to regulatory enquiries and investigations and undertake negotiations with bodies including ASIC, APRA and the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC),
- undertake dispute resolution, including where necessary litigation relating to regulatory activities, representative or private proceedings, and
- assist companies transition to new legislative requirements, such as the Clean Energy Act 2011.
This includes assisting organisations to manage competition clearances for transactions.
Our Regulatory, Competition & Consumer team not only have an impressive depth of experience in advising listed and private companies on issues in this space, they also bring expertise gained as in-house counsel to their work.
This enables the Kemp Strang team to provide clients with practical, effective assistance and the peace of mind that comes from having the support of a trusted advisor.
For information about how our Regulatory, Competition & Consumer team could assist you, please contact your Kemp Strang legal adviser or one of our team (right).